Short Story Saturday


"Pregnant"

She sighed.

She dragged herself down the stairs and plopped herself on the brown leather chair.

"Well?" 

She held up the pregnancy test.

"Oh my God! Yes! Finally your boy is going to have a little brother or sister! OH MY GOD more cute little outfits and-"

"Well I'm glad someone's happy."

"You're not?"

"Yes? No. I don't know?"

"Spit it out.."

"I'm not ready!"

"Were you ready for Joseph?"

"Kind of?"

"Stop lying"

"Ok. I wasn't. But that's only one child. Now I'm going to have two? I can't do this."

"You CAN. From when God has allowed it to happen, it means you have the strength to do so."

"Ugh."

"What?"

"You're doing the preaching thing again..."

"Oh stop it!" She says while hugging her.

"You're going to be absolutely fine."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year