Thoughtful Thursday: The good times

I was watching my kids play out in the Garden with their water and sand table (minus the sand) and they were so joyous-- splashing the water around; throwing it on each other, giggling.

Innocence.

And it just made me think... when we were children we had NOTHING to worry our heads of. We just play all day, eat and go to sleep.

Who wouldn't ask for a better kind of life? No need to think of bills.. or the complications of friendships, work relationships.. jobs-- nope none of that!
The innocence of a child is so refreshing. Just sitting there watching them play made me smile. It's like.. I want them to stay like this forever.. I don't want them to have to grow and now start the complicated life of making decisions about their life, and choices about jobs, career, friendships.. I don't want them to experience any of that.. why can't they just stay how they are.. and just be happy?

But what kind of parent would that make me? They must progress.. they must grow.. they have to move up.. mature and go through life.

Oh... being a child... it was definitely a good time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year