Thoughtful Thursday: Positive reinforcement

So... there was a morning that Jeremiah didn't want to brush his teeth. Instead he just wanted to eat his breakfast and continue with his day..

I just asked him casually "Come on lets brush our teeth before we can eat"

He would give me a firm no.

I would then say, "Well, then you're not going to get breakfast"

Again, he would shout 'No!'

I went upstairs and called him up. He hesitated for a bit, then started doing this little dance he does at random

I copied him, and kept saying 'Come!" with a big smile on my face.

He came, up, went to the sink and went 'Teeth"

Normally I would just shout and yell until I have to force him up the stairs..
But sometimes we have to take a different approach to things and you see that we get the result that we want!

Comments

  1. Girl, I love your blog. You write so beautifully ❤ and very relatable, unfiltered. God bless your home .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year