Thoughtful Thursday: History repeating itself?

I think I worry way too much...

But I can't help it!

Have you ever sat down and questioned whether your child will go through the same sort of circumstances that you went through as a teenager/young adult?
Have you ever thought of ways that you could prevent them from happening? lol


But.. you can't prevent them from happening right? 

What we went through in our age.. we managed to come out of it, but our children are different people.. with different thought processes.. would they be able to handle it?

This is why I'm being so intentional with how I am with them-- I want to create an atmosphere where they will feel comfortable to come and speak or open up to me with no fear of maybe how I would react.. but they would have enough confidence to know that I wouldn't and that anything that they would say I would speak to them as a person.

I don't know if it's because I have boys.. but I am genuinely scared of the generation that is coming because the world is changing so much and not in a good way.

But all my faith and hope is in God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year