Thoughtful Thursday: Why do they do that?

I keep having this reoccurring memory that makes me laugh so much.

I don't know if your children do this, but whenever you're preparing their food, or they have requested a snack of some sort.. do you find that they keep hovering in and out of the kitchen-- not saying anything, but peering their heads around you to see if you're doing the food or if it's ready?

Both of my boys do this. Or even funnier.. they will perch themselves in the kitchen WAITING for the food until they see its done.

I used to get very irritated when they did this and would shout at them to go and sit down at the table. But then one of the days that they did it again.. I remembered so vividly that is what I used to do to my mum! I can remember my mum shouting at me! lol! 

Oh my goodness.. life is so funny. So I don't get angry at them anymore. I just laugh to myself about it. But it just makes you think.. a lot of the things that your children do.. did you do them? And do you think it's just God trying to be funny and be like 'Well you did this as a child, so now get a taste of your own medicine' type thing?

It's not only this that I've realized.. quite a few things and sometimes it's as if you are literally dealing with yourself.

So interesting isn't it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year