I was waiting to drop Jeremiah off to nursery one day... and this parent that drops her daughter off at the same time; who just always greets me with a 'Hello, how are you' decided to strike up a small conversation with me. She asked me where do I live, because she was telling me how she's not driving and some other details. I told her where I live and she looked at me in shock and said 'Why did you decide to put your child here?' I explained to her how Jeremiah has a speech delay; and the nursery he's at currently, (well it was the children's centre that's attached to it) really supported him during his speech and language sessions (when we were allowed to go outside -_-) and he got very acquainted with all the surroundings so I just thought it would be the best place for him-- and it is because he's getting an immense amount of support and he's progressed a lot with his speech. Then she asked me... how old he is, I told her, and this is the one...
I'm sure you read the title with one eyebrow raised... I'm a mother of 2.. and a lot of the time I really do NOT know what I am doing. I just know that I have to make sure I keep my kids.. ALIVE. So.. I have to at least make sure they're clean, they're fed, they're happy and that they are developing well.. Right. So I KNOW I need to do these things... but HOW? Let me be real with you. When I had my first child, I just took it day by day. And somehow everything came naturally. You begin to bond with your child, you learn their routine, their needs, their scheduling etc and you begin to grasp this mother thing.. But as they continue to grow.. they also change and you have to do everything over and over again.. as they grow older their needs change as well as everything else! When I had my second child.. it wasn't as hard, but because this is a completely different human being to my first, I have to learn about him and learn his likes, dislikes, his...
From the start of the pandemic, I've started letting my 3 year old eat by himself. Now this is going to sound so... silly.. but I kind of delayed doing it because I enjoy feeding my children and spending that quality time with them. But honestly he's getting older and he needs to be more independent.. so yeah. I don't want to become one of those parents that ends up doing everything for their children-- because at the end of the day it's not helping them.. I made him lunch; noodles and hot dogs, put his plate down, put his fork in the food. I told him, "Jerry, make sure you blow your food because it's hot" He took the fork and ate the noodles. What do you think happened? He spat the food out and went 'ow' lol. So I told him again, and blew the food. Then I told him to blow the food. He blew. He ate it and smiled. I said 'see' and he went, 'see' So I continued to watch him eat.. he would still put some of the food ...
Comments
Post a Comment