Thoughtful Thursday: Fears

So a little while back I shared a story of my boys getting chased by dogs...

The fear is still gripping them... but Matthew had a breakthrough.. when we were walking to school I went up to go and pet a dog, and Matthew enthusiastically was like 'I want to pet it too'.. and he did! He was a little scared and did a little happy yelp, but he did it.
Jeremiah was shouting 'No' the whole time and stayed as far away as possible. lol!

The only progression with Jeremiah is that he doesn't run in the road when he sees one.. he will hide behind me or stop in his tracks next to me until the dog passes. Some people can see he's afraid and they cross the road.. bless them.

How can fear be conquered in children? For sure we need to be the example.. but what if you have been and they are just stone cold afraid?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year