Thoughtful Thursday: Unpopular opinions

What unpopular opinions have you heard that you agree or disagree with? Here are some that I've seen over social media... and I do agree with them.

Unlimited screen time allowed once homework/housework is done.

Agreed! I do this. Because I've noticed that the kids are a lot calmer-- the kids aren't on youtube, they are playing games and doing educational games too. But I make sure they do their homework, or they do their reading etc.. and once it's all done they can play.

No sleepovers

I haven't reached this stage yet.. but I wouldn't. Unless I can come too. lol!

Using the correct words for body parts

I'm struggling with this for some reason. lol. I still call it a "pee pee" for Penis. I guess I still feel like they're too young to being say such grown up words? But yet, that is the actual name? I'm going to work on it.

Choices. 'You can give your auntie/uncle/relative a hug if you want to'

I think this is more of a cultural thing.. well no scratch that, a 'respect' thing. But I put it in inverted commas because if we can choose not to, why can't our kids? 

What opinions have you heard?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year