Transparency Tuesday: Why are you getting it wrong?

With going through the entire lockdown/quarantine period; I've had to take up teaching my two boys at home-- which is hard because their smaller.. and get distracted a lot more easier.

But what I do with them is I do activities at certain points of the day where I know they'll focus for at least 10 minutes.
The morning is the best time...

So I've downloaded an app that Jeremiah's nursery sent to me to learn English.. so new phrases, words, colours. etc
We do this every morning-- it's about 5 minutes long.

When Jeremiah is doing his lessons... and he gets a question wrong, I shout at him-- 'No! it's not that one, you know which one it is, stop picking wrong answers!"

And he will continue to pick wrong answers..

But after he finished his lesson.. and the next day came, some of the things he learned the day before (every lesson has at least one of the lessons from the previous day just to see if they remembered) he got them right!

So.. I had to shut myself up... how will kids learn if they don't get answers wrong sometimes? No one is perfect and no one is always going to get it right all the time! It doesn't mean that they're not learning.

And.. this prep for secondary school and the like...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year