Thoughtful Thursday: Potty training round 2!

I actually want to cry!

Couple of days ago  I went to Tesco to buy my youngest boy briefs because he's gotten the hang of the potty! With the odd accident here or there.. but he's pretty much got it down. Have to definitely still remind him, (it's only been three weeks!)
But when I put the briefs on him, I just watched him and started getting tearful..

Like.. when he was tiny, I could never imagine that we'd get to this stage so quickly.

Time really does fly.

The first week was absolutely awful.. literally just peeing every 10 minutes. My son.. LOVES water... so.. he does wee quite a lot.

And how I start with potty training is.. they wear nothing, no nappy.. they're just out there. lol.
And I'll prompt him every maybe 20 minutes.. but had to bring it down to every 10 because of his weeing nature lol.

So I'd ask "Do you need to wee-wee?" He'd hold his pee pee (that's how I call it for him to understand) and he'd run to the potty and sit down.

But something Matthew does that Jeremiah never did was the 'wee wee dance' 
Jeremiah at the beginning would just wee himself... 
Then when he started to get the hang of it... he would hold his pee pee but not say anything and run to the potty.

It's been so funny seeing the differences between Jeremiah and Matthew..

But I'm so happy that my boys are gaining more independence.. and it just makes me so proud to be their mum.

It's such a bittersweet feeling.. they're growing but at the same time you want them to stay small forever.. lol!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year