Transparency Tuesday: Your kids are really watching...

You can teach your children.. but we have to realize.. everything that we do... the way we speak, the way we do things in the house.. the children are watching... and it eventually show.

I had a funny moment with the boys.

I was cleaning up the kitchen (cleaning up the kitchen is a neverending job...) and Matthew appeared and was taking Jeremiah by the arm and was saying "You go on the wall, stay there!"

And I watched them.

That is something I do to them when they're doing the most or do something really silly.

And I just stood there laughing... because I never taught them how to do that... they would watch me when I'm putting them on the wall...
And now look.. they're putting each other on the wall as 'punishment'.

It humbled me because.. there are so many things we do and say without realizing that the children are watching. They may not be staring at us.. but while they're playing or they're doing what they're doing.. they do see and they do absorb it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year