Allergy Chronicles: Feeling like a burden..

If you have one or two allergies... it can be managed and avoided pretty well.. but when you have 6.. 7.. 8.. allergies and all of them are quite major allergens it can be so difficult.

Throughout Matthew's journey.. I have felt like it's such a burden to go out and eat for dinner.. or to go to someone's house and he can't eat their food because even the alternatives he can't eat. So a lot of the time I have to pack him everything.. or we have to go to the same restaurants where I know he won't encounter many allergens. 

I don't have mum friends who's child have allergies like Matthew so there's no one to even speak to about it.. so I'm sort of doing it alone.
This is not a post to complain, but just to create more awareness.. because I don't see children with allergies spoken about too much or experiences being shared. 

I can't just walk into a chicken shop or a fast food place and just order food.. I have to ask a couple of questions before I can determine if my child can eat it. 

But it's all part of life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year