Thoughtful Thursday: What your child hears

It's so vital and so important when speaking to your child.. acknowledging HOW you are speaking to them.

My strategy has changed when I speak to the boys.. especially when they have had done something that wasn't really good.
I have to calm myself down first.. but once I do that I sit them down and speak to them.

And they listen.
When you're not calm and you say things out of anger.. those things will stick in the mind of the child.. and that's what I consciously prevent doing.. because words have power.

I've also learned that why my parents slapped/smacked/spanked me was due to impulse-- or just a reaction and not knowing what to actually do. But like what I was saying a couple of blogs back that the generation of children coming now are built different and we really need to learn what we have to do, and unlearn what we have been exposed to from our own childhoods.

Motherhood keeps on changing and advancing and I'm so here for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year