Transparency Tuesday: After the storm, comes the calm

Being a parent-- well just going through life rather, I'm learning that we need to acknowledge to do the right thing and to not do things that will favour us, or find the easy way out.

What do I mean?

My son started nursery 3 weeks ago-- and the beginning was so hard for me. 
I'm a stay at home mum currently, so I'm with my kids every single day. Of course there will be some attachment because everyday I'm out with them, I play with them, I spend time with them.
So starting nursery they have a settling in period where for about a week (depending on the child and how they cope) you bring your child for maybe one hour, or an hour and a half and see how they are.

The first day he was absolutely fine, because I was in the room with him. lol.
The second day he was ok as well even though I wasn't in the room with him but I was in a different area.
The third day. Everything went right in the bin. lol.

The third day was when I had to drop him off and come back and collect him. 
Nope.

The minute I said 'Bye' he cried, he threw himself on the floor, he even hit a random parent out of anger.
Yep.

Then after that one hour which seemed like an eternity, his keyworker tells me he was crying the entire hour and that he was hitting her and even bit her.
That's great news to hear for a first time parent.

The fourth day-- when I left him he did the same thing but instead of crying constantly, he was crying on and off-- his keyworker would try and distract him with taking him out to play and letting him do other things, but nope he kept staring at the gate waiting for me to come. 

The point I'm trying to get at here is as much as I wish I could be home with my kids for as long as possible, they need independence. They need to be able to be somewhere and do certain things without me. 
As much as I wanted to run back and just cuddle him when I saw him crying when I left him, I need to do this so that when he grows he will be able to cope with doing things on his own.

There are certain things in our lives too as human beings that we have to put ourselves through otherwise we will kick ourselves for not even attempting to try. 
Whether it be a course that will benefit us in the future, or a new career path, or just an opportunity that will direct us in the right way-- we must do the right thing for ourselves.

It may not be easy.. we may just wanna say 'Forget it!' and find the easy way, but that will not help us. After the storm has thrown us left and right-- there is a calm-- we must stand strong and go through the storm and experience the calm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year