Transparency Tuesday: Patience

I thought I was patient.

Having kids.. I've realized I don't have AS MUCH patience as I thought. lol.

I find myself shouting the minute that I repeat myself...

And you have to remember that kids are WATCHING every single thing that you do and say.

I'm realizing that there is no need to get so upset or to get so irritated when your child doesn't do the thing you say the first time you say it.

They are children at the end of the day.. they will push our buttons.. they will CHOOSE not to listen to what we say because they too are learning boundaries and rules.

The reason why my patience runs thin is because I expect them to do as they are told when you say it the first time... so wrong.. so wrong..

Don't get me wrong, they WILL-- but some children like pushing your buttons and to see how far they can go before they realize "Ok.. I need to listen now"

I keep saying it.. you learn so much about yourself through being a parent and it is such a humbling experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year