Transparency Tuesday: Being a boy mum

There was a comment that I always get about having two boys-- Well actually, I still get it up until now..
Either a 'Good luck' or 'Ooh! You've got your hands full!'
And the way they are said is like.. it's hard work. lol.

Trust me. It IS hard work. But it is so worth it.

Boys are energetic. Boys are always go go go go go! Boys need something to do. They get bored. Boys are so very active. Boys are funny. Boys are a little stubborn. Boys are rough.. and they think it's fun. Boys... are WORK!

There was a time that the two boys were playing on the stairs, (I have to tell them eleven thousand times not to play there) and Matthew fell down the stairs. My heart skipped a beat. But what did he do? He cried a little, got up and started running off. I was just like.. "Ok. He's fine." LOL.

But boys are very resilient and I really admire that about them.. especially when they're young kids. My eldest, Jeremiah.. he can literally fall down, maybe knock himself and he just gets right back up and keeps going. (Obviously as a mama I have to double check and make sure he hasn't actually hurt himself)

The amount of times I have to yell at these two boys.. 'Don't climb this!' "Don't kick that!" 'Don't throw that!" "Don't hit your brother!" Oh my lawd!

It gets to a point where I get so tired of talking.. I am literally just sitting in the midst of them throwing blocks in the air.. at each other.. yeah; and I butt in when I can see it's going a little too far.

What definitely does work with boys is if you have a chance, every day.. or at least a couple of days a week.. just take them out.. whether to the park, kick some ball.. or literally let them just run around and BURNNN all of that energy. Because I have NO IDEA where all of this energy comes from.. but it is so much and it never ends!

But like I said earlier.. I wouldn't trade it for the world. And at the end of the day I asked God for my boys.. and he brought them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: Instilling faith

Short Story Saturday

Short Story Saturday