Thoughtful Thursday: That moment where...

I'm sure we can all recall a funny moment, a humble moment, a sweet moment that we have had with our kids.

I'm gonna share two with you that I sat down and went "Ok.. he's really growing!"
This is with my 4 year old, Jeremiah.

First moment: We got home from nursery collection, and the usual routine is we come in, take off our shoes, coats etc and then wash our hands. Both boys did that; but I still had my shoes on; because I'm usually up and down prepping for dinner, I forgot. What did Jeremiah do? He pointed to my shoes and said 'Mummy, shoes off!" I paused and had no reason to tell him off or shout-- I just said 'Ok, I'm taking my shoes off. Thank you."

Second moment: Jeremiah needed to poo--- there are times he will say 'Mummy poo' and go to the toilet. There's other times he will kind of hover around the toilet, especially if I'm around.
So this particular instance, I could see he needed to go for a poo. I asked him, 'Do you need to poo?" He said, 'Ok, open the door!' 'He meant close the door'
I didn't do it lol.-- and remained by the door to wait for him to finish pooing.. because sometimes he forgets to wipe.

He pushed my arm and went 'Mummy!' to kind of say he wanted some privacy. I went back down the stairs, and by the time I came up again he had finished pooing and was wiping his bum!

Kids are so interesting, surprising, funny-- and most of all the biggest blessings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year