Thoughtful Thursday: I want to live to see my Grandchildren

There's one thing I'm determined to do... to at least see my grandchildren before I die.

It might sound a little morbid... but sometimes in my quiet time, I still lament over the fact that my mother wasn't able to enjoy her 3 grandchildren, (my two boys, and my brother's son)

My mother really took care of herself, but she unfortunately got ill-- she had something multiple myeloma which is a disease in bone marrow.

But it's making me also think that I really need to buckle down and take care of myself.. I'm not getting any younger.. and I really need to learn about myself.. what my body likes.. what it doesn't like.. what it needs.. etc.
I recently stumbled upon my blood test from my pregnancy with my 2 year old, Matthew, and I found my blood type and did a bit of research.

Apparently... there are particular foods that you're meant to eat in accordance to your blood type. So.. I kind of want to look into it.
I called my GP to see if I could speak to a nutritionist and guess what... the NHS don't provide that service unless it's a dire situation-- ex, you're morbidly obese or have diabetes-- so basically it has to be a worst case situation. Can you believe that?

So.. I'd have to go see a nutritionist privately. I cannot believe it. Someone wants to take control of their health and the health service in this country doesn't even support it!

But I've started small.. started taking multivitamins.. incorporating more greens in my diet because I realized pre coronavirus that I really am not eating as much veg as I should.
Trying my best to also incorporate fruit.. it's a little bad that my kids like fruit more than me!

Yeah.. small victories. But I do want to definitely change my diet completely and get into some regular exercise.
We really must invest time in ourselves; life can end in a heartbeat but we can make the best out of our lives

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year