Thoughtful Thursday: I'm that mother.. I compare my children

I do.

and it's not a great thing to do.

I watch a lot of family vloggers on youtube.. and this particular vlog was where she was teaching her 4 year old how to read.
I felt so happy like that was my own child.. and then it dawned on me that my child is going to be 4 soon and he has yet to speak in complete sentences...

Immense mama guilt came upon me and as I kept watching the vlog.. I was beating myself up internally.

But again... every child has a different level they reach. My child isn't at that child's level that I was watching and that's ok. He will get to that level!

But.. I don't know if it's because I think I'm not doing enough that I compare? But I think my worst quality is that I never think I'm doing enough... 

Parents out there... do you find yourself doing the same?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year