Transparency Tuesday: Too much pressure

As parents... we always want the best for our children; but do you find you put too much pressure on yourself when you don't even need to? 

You see parents doing all of these things with their kids.. and there you are at home, with your kids jumping on the chairs and throwing toys at each other...

But what I've come to realize.. the most important thing to do with your kids is be present. You don't need to buy them the most expensive toys--can you believe in the beginning of my motherhood journey, I would buy all of these toys for Jeremiah.. toys that promote gross motor skills and blah blah… do you know what he would go and play with? Pots and pans. Empty boxes. My handbag. LOL.

But in that I'll do these silly things with him when he's doing that and he enjoys himself!

I think sometimes we really pressure ourselves for our kids to have the best things.. but really all our kids want is us. We are their biggest toy at the end of the day aren't we?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year