Thoughtful Thursday: I never knew...

So since Jeremiah started nursery about 2 and a half weeks ago, he's had a bit of a hard time.

I had no idea what the problem was; because as far as I know, Jeremiah loves going to nursery.

I put two and two together the other day:

His teacher that he's had since he started nursery last year, left at the Christmas holidays... and even the last week of term he didn't go in. So coming back this month to not seeing her probably hit home.

And now he has to understand that she's not coming back, he's not going to see her everyday...

So.. he's been very tearful at home and at nursery; and it's a very big change.

But I never knew it would have taken such a toll on him like that. I know he became very attached to her-- and Jeremiah takes time to form new bonds and friendships..

This is why I always emphasize on how important it is to PRAY for your kids-- pray for their schooling, friendships.
Teachers have a big impact on the way children will look at education and how they feel about it, their attitude, and how important it is.

It was such a teachable moment for me because I didn't think he would have felt it so deeply; or even realized she was gone. 
But she did deal with him quite closely and he saw her everyday.

Bless him. He'll have to adjust- but he'll be fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year