Transparency Tuesday: Another heartwhelming moment

I captured another moment where Jeremiah came to tell me that 'Matty' was sad.

It was so unexpected-- and what made this moment so significant is that he said it so clearly and confidently.
I then asked him 'Is Matty sad?' and he said 'Matty is sad" and then I went "Why is matty sad?" I waited, but he didn't reply.

My point is.. he is getting so much better with communicating, and he is understanding emotions a lot more than before. I was previously speaking with his speech and language therapist about working with him on understanding and using 'expressive' language in his everyday conversation.

The other day when it was bath time, he said to me 'Mummy, I not happy' and crossed his arms. I was actually astounded and went "Oh.. well it's ok to not be happy!"

And in my head I was like 'I've never heard him say that. He's understanding more!' and I was quietly rejoicing in my spirit.

Now.. this may not be a big deal to parents that have kids who are pretty much speaking and communicating clearly, but for me and the progress that Jeremiah has taken-- I'm so happy and so proud of him.

I honestly feel like I'm not doing anything; but then when I see the new things Jeremiah is doing and saying, I just have to thank God for all.

Consistency. Patience. Repetition. Faith. These are the keys! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year