Transparency Tuesday: Really listen to your children..

I had a very teachable moment the other day when I was out with youngest, Matthew.

I was taking Jeremiah to nursery, and that day it was particularly cold, probably like 0 degrees, no lie.

He was sitting in the buggy and was telling me "Mummy, warm!"

And he kept saying it over and over and over-- and I did not have ANY idea what he meant. 
I was like 'Are you hot?" and he went "No!" "Mummy, warm!"

And we were going back and forth as I was walking back to the bus stop.

When we got on the bus, I put him on my lap, he held out his hand and went "Mummy, warm!" and started to cry.

The lightbulb went PING in my head and I went "Oh!! Your hands are cold!" 
He nodded his head.

So I put his hands in mine to keep them warm and told him that we'd get his gloves when we get home.

When we got home and we got the gloves I didn't hear "Mummy warm!" again.

There are times where I really don't get what they say, but it's because I do brush what they say off like it isn't anything-- but truthfully they are communicating with us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year