Transparency Tuesday: Regressions

Children will go through particular regressions... the most common one that I'm aware of is sleep regression.. but that is due to probably a growth spurt, or a sudden change in the house..

Either way.. what I'm particularly relating regression to is nursery.

Jeremiah didn't go to nursery for nearly a month because of the fact that his brother had a bad cold.. so basically he didn't go in the last week of term, and then it was Christmas holidays.

So when he came back, it was like we had to start all over-- when he was first settling in, he was having a hard time entering the nursery; he would have tantrums, be shouting and screaming.. and this took a couple of weeks.
Literally maybe last week it has improved.. but it didn't register that he was gone for nearly a month; and just after a month he regressed?

Isn't Easter Holidays about 2 and a half weeks? I hope it doesn't happen again?

Have you had this experience with your child where maybe you've had to keep them at home because they were unwell or possibly due to the fact you don't want to take them in due to the pandemic... and if you have decided to take them back to nursery... is it as if you've had to start all over again?

There were even talks of re-settling in Jeremiah and I was like 'Wuh?'
Because other than when I drop him off, he has a great day at nursery, and even he tells me that he's happy!

Honestly.. this pandemic has messed up EVERYTHING. Because even if my children have a little cold, I keep them at home. I don't want them to be diagnosed as having coronavirus; because everything is coronavirus at this rate, isn't it?

But there will be better days-- we just have to keep hanging on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year