Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

So... with Matthew turning 3, I've had to start implementing the phrase, "You're a big boy now", when it comes to certain things that are considered baby-ish; or to kind of enforce independence..

So a prime example is.. he is very used to sitting on my lap. I don't want to stop it, but when we are in particular places, like on the bus, or places where he can sit down; I'm trying to enforce that. 
He's still small and cute so sometimes I even forget and just put him on my lap-- but then I later realize that he is getting heavy! lol

I'm starting (well kind of), to encourage him to eat on his own. But he's already shown me inklings that he wants to. He will literally take the spoon from me and start feeding himself.
So now I'll go 'You're a big boy now, you have to eat at the table."

He was reluctant at first, but when he saw his brother eating, he was encouraged. lol. He has his moments when he wants me to feed him, but it's a gradual process, right?

Matthew is very much attached me, and he wants to really hold onto this 'I'm the youngest, I can still get away with certain things'.. and I've noticed a lot more since I've started this 'big boy' thing, lol.

What classifies as a 'big boy'? though? I would have just thought... doing more things on his own right? Or getting them out of habits that they shouldn't be doing.. as in they've outgrown it.
And as I'm doing this.. tantrums galore.

I'm afraid of this 'mummy's boy' title, I want my boy's to know their mum is there.. but I want them to be able to do things for themselves.

Wish me luck. lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year