Transparency Tuesday: Living my best life

I was saying to myself the other day that-- I've never really done anything for me.. as in, doing what I want to do.. doing what I like.. just doing stuff for ME. Does that make sense? I always put myself last, and always think of others; and as I have kids; it's like I've continued to push myself on the back burner.

That needs to stop.

"You can't pour from an empty cup", always comes to my mind when I think about this.

How am I supposed to take care of my kids.. or help other people when I'm drained.. out of sync... overwhelmed.. everything under the sun?

I can't be the greatest mum I can be when I'm burned out..
I can't be a good friend if I'm burned out..
I can't function if I'm burned out...


Rest. Recharge. Repeat. It is not selfish!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year