Transparency Tuesday: My kids' love languages

I think I've figured out my children's love languages! 

..or should I say their love languages for now? I'm sure as they grow it may change.

So for Jeremiah I have concluded that his strong two are 'Words of affirmation' and 'Physical touch'
Jeremiah loves praise. He loves hearing that he's done well and good job, and all the like. 
As well as Jeremiah LOVES hugs and high fives. Every minute I find myself sitting down, he will just come to me and open his arms for a hug. I do it every time. I don't want to stop that. If I stop that I'll be killing his yearn for affection. 

Matthew I would definitely say 'Physical touch', he loves cuddles... but I'm not very sure if he has a strong second one... possibly 'Quality time' he likes having me to himself. lol.

And I believe I've been tending to their love language needs without even trying. But I've really wanted to fully understand.. because this helps to shape them. I want to actively walk in their specific love languages and help to build them up. It's so important.. because I'm thinking about myself, if my mother knew mine.. maybe I wouldn't have had low self esteem issues.. or been shy.. or looked down upon myself.

If there is something I can do as their mother to boost their self confidence and build them up for the rest of their lives I am here for it. That is our job-- we guide them, build them up and we let them go for them to go with what we have instilled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year