Short Story Saturday


"Mummy my nose"

"Do you want me to wipe it?"

He puts his hand over his nose

"Bless you"

"Mummy my nose!"

She gets up from the chair, putting all of her weight into her right arm to push herself up. Ripping a wipe out of the packet, but realises four are stuck to it, she pulls them apart, stuffs the rest back into the packet. She turns around and watches her child wipe his nose with his hand.

"Nooo! Not your hand!"

He giggles and starts to play with the slimy green goop on the back of his hand. She wipes the back of his hand, the front and under his nose.

"Mummy it was in my hand"

He giggles again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year