Transparency Tuesday: Mummy I can't do it!

So.. over the past several weeks Jeremiah has been settling in pretty well after his 2 weeks of sensory meltdowns.

And now he's getting into the swing of primary school--we've been working on phonics and letter formation, and he was getting so frustrated with himself... and went "I can't do it!"

I had to change the perspective quickly.. I sat him down and told him that he can do it, told him that he was smart and he can do anything when he works hard and keeps on trying.
The next days to come-- his letter formation changed dramatically and he went to me 'Mummy I did it!"

I was so happy because my words gave him the confidence to keep on going-- we still have a lot of practice to go through-- but his letters are legible and the fact that he WANTS to do it just makes me feel so good inside.

We really have the biggest impact on our children.. everyday there are moments that continually show me that there is so much I still have to learn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday: "You're a big boy now"

Transparency Tuesday: More understanding

Thoughtful Thursday: My word for the year